Most often I don't buy these patterns because I don't have a great history of pattern following, but yesterday I did.
I sewed it up today.
I followed the pattern all the way through, including the properly inserted zip at the back and the darts pointing to my nipples. I also did the facing the way it told me to, but for some reason when I sewed it in, it made creases in the neckline.
I added the ruffle at the bottom because it needed something more than the pattern gave me.
To be honest the outside looks pretty good but the inside is a bit of a mess. If you see me down the street, don't go lifting up my skirt or anything.
I'm pretty happy with it though. And I'm extra pleased I saved the most special bit of garage sale fabric for my second try of the pattern because there are a few things I'll do differently next time.
I crocheted it up on the spot without a pattern to cover up the creases in the neckline. I'll sew it on properly later.
The pattern, McCall's 8818, is from 1997 so its not quite vintage yet.
I hope you have a great week this week.